Intro-dido-tion

All photography are copyrighted by Cassie Ho. Any questions and comments are welcome.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Self-Explanation

Alright. Suddenly I realized that eventhough this blog have 8 post already, but I have yet to explain the purpose of the blog. Those that know me would know of my characteristic. Those who don't know me.. well, I'll leave some space for being mysterious so you can guess. ^^

Cassie's Photography is.. well, my photography.



This blog would serve as a platform to showcase my own personal shots using mostly DSLR. Bear with the low quality of composition and others others others blah as I'm still a very very very beginner with it. I'm experimenting everything I can with the DSLR. By the way, I'm using Nikon D90. Frankly, I don't know much about exposure and shutter speed, nor do I know about the recently so popular HDR.. When doing my shots, I turn the exposure and shutter dial around until I get the picture I wanted. However, I'm still studying whether my picture have a good composition or not.

I've been looking at many experience photographer works and I always feel that their works are soo touching. Touching as in when I look at that picture, I get the feeling that the photographer put lots of effort into it. And I always like the colours of shots as they seems so appropriate and rightly adjust. When I look back at mine, I feel that it was taken simply (maybe that's the truth..) and without a good composition and manual adjustment. Therefore I always Photoshop my shots before I post them up. Sometime to brighten the picture, sometime to adjust the contrast, sometime to adjust the colours. .. I wonder, does pro photographer Photoshop their work? Or even they photoshop, they just do VERY minor adjustment? Hmmm.. who could enlighten me?

Sometimes I wonder those people who take photography seriously.. what do they actually do for a living? I mean, I don't see pro photographer vacancy.. the only thing that I get when I google photography/photographer, would be 'wedding photography'. It's always the same. Does going for photography means wedding photography? If not, then where does all the others went??? Another thing I know photographer do is journalist. But that doesn't sound artistic to me. Except those 'artistic' photographer la.. haha...

Does pro photographer actually work full time as a photographer? I mean those that take those super beautiful and meaningful shots.. not your average magazine celebrity shots, food shots, etc etc etc.  What I'm pointing at is the really really really photographer that capture your heart and soul.

Just a bit ranting about my photography experience so far.. Lol..Anyway, I'm trying to familiarize myself with the DSLR and various technique to get a good composition. Continue to support me ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment